Saturday, September 7, 2013

Time...


Nothing like a proper brew with a pal
 
 
 
Well it's been exactly 1 month since I arrived in London town. Holy smokes artichokes. It still doesn't fully feel like I actually live here now. I was talking to another student who came from the states also and she mentioned that it took her about 6 months to realize ''Okay, I live here now". BONUS: I have started to block out the constant ambulance and po-po sirens.
 
Also total blessing this week. I got the part time job at the running store! Which is so hilarious. I just can't seem to escape the running community. It's weird how it feels like home, even being in a new job. I have yet to start but they all seem like a great group of chaps (haha, I said chaps).
 
Second week of school= DONE. That means that I have 6 more weeks and then term 1 is done. That fast. It's insane. If all goes well, I have roughly 11 more months and then with God's blessing, I'll have a MA! First thing I'll say about a masters program so far is...READING. A LOT of READING. Sheeeshhhhhh. We'll see how it goes. Let's keep our fingers crossed ;-)
 
Something really exciting happened yesterday. On my way to our grad party at school, I walked RIGHT by Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer's new movie set. They were filming some new movie called "U.N.C.L.E." literally RIGHT next to campus. It took a lot for me to not pop my head in the costume trailer. SUPERMAN was at my school. Yep.
 
Places to check out this week:
  • Bourough Market by London Bridge
  • Traditional Candy shop (that looks like something out of Harry Potter)
  • Notting Hill
  • Portobello Road Market
I will post some cheery photos after I venture out to other parts of London. My goal is to find as many hidden treasures as possible. By the way....check out my sista's new bloggy blog. Check her out over @:
                                        http://followthetrailonward.blogspot.com
 
Here's a few scenes from my week. Try a new recipe this week. Maybe something ethnic that you've never tried before. FYI an AWESOME Thai restaurant for those of you who live in the Fresno area is
                     
                     Thai Royal Orchid
                                              http://fresnothairoyalorchid.com/
 
BEST Thai restaurant I've ever had. And I love me some thai food. Oh and have a proper brew.
 
x0x0
Kerynny
 
 
I have horrible study snacking choices here apparently

This is one entrance to my school. It's so pretty it's stupid.

Totally won our Grad Party game. First place = Regent's University coffee mug. I'll take it.

At our local University watering hole. The Volunteer.

Me thinking I'm Audrey Hepburn



1 comment:

  1. Just splendid hearing about your adventure in Jolly Olde London.

    Your school does indeed look so very classic.

    I hear no hint of homesickness and it looks like classes etc are introducing you to all sorts of new and interesting people.

    Good luck with the job....

    Thanks for making the font on this blog more friendly to us old folks.

    Sending you love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete