Monday, September 30, 2013

Cupboard Cobbler

From time to time I may get the hankering to do a "foodie" post. As my sister knows my dream job is to be the next Anthony Bourdain and/or have my own cooking show. Since I am limited here as far as my cooking gear if you will, doesn't mean one cannot be innovative, yes? So here is what I'm aptly naming my "cupboard cobbler". 

Recipe: (I don't usually measure stuff like this so bare with me...)

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 stick cold butter to cut into chunks
Handful stareberries or any ol berries you fancy
Peach/nectarince/plums
1-2 apples sliced 
**I usually leave skins on in my cobblers
1/2 cup brown sugar
Milk (or I used mixture of milk and greek yogurt since the point of this is to use what you have in your cupboard:)
Chia seeds for topping (optional)
Museli (any ol oats will do...I just happened to have Museli) 

Cut berries and all fruit into small chunks. Put in a pot and add sugar. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat. Mix flour, cold butter cut into chunks, 1/2 cup milk and mix with hands until biscuit consistency. (See photos below) Add museli to mixture and mix well. Scoop mixture i to balls and place ontop of fruit in pot. Add chia seeds to top for added flavor (and fiber!) 
Keep on stoce for roughly 20-30 mintues until top is cooked well (may start to brown) 

Enjoy your cupboard cobbler with a proper brew. 

Xoxo
Rynny

No comments:

Post a Comment