Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Camden Coffee House, A hidden haven

Camden Coffee House

So I am starting my ''review'' of sorts for hidden gems I find whilst here in foggy London town. (Speaking of foggy, it was ballllls cold and rainy today). I don't remember being asked by the man upstairs if I was ready to give up my California-like sunshine. Well, I guess he's got his own reasons. I digress... ;-)

Since I have been here, I walk past this cafĂ© every single day on my way to school, store, park etc. So Camden has some nicer parts, then it has some parts that might look a little janky. (Note: I heart Camden). It's sort of known as the ''punk'' and very eclectic part of central London. The World's End, a VERY famous bar/pub/music hall is right on the corner near Camden Underground Station. It's always hoppin with bands and local talent. Side note: Why does EVERYONE and their Mom smoke? Seriously...what the frick is that about? I'd like to enjoy my daily strolls without my lungs taking a ''smoke bath'' 
. (I totally just made smoke bath up...I'm rollin with it). Annnnyways, The Camden Coffee House is wonderful. It sits between a thrift store and a little convenient store that sells produce, mops and rat traps outside it's door. I know this cuz I finally bought a mouse trap. (Fist pump break.........SNAP!)

Seems every time I walk by this place I'm in a hurry to go to class or I'm coming home and they close at 5pm. (That's the one downfall). Today I took the time to go in and do some reading for my project. There is a hidden garden in the back. You'd miss it if you didn't ask or see the sign that says "hidden garden downstairs".

1) The coffee is GREAT.
2) The staff is awesome. I mistook the barista(o?) for an American. Turns out he's Israeli. Funny considering my roommate is from Israel.
3)The hidden garden seating downstairs boasts lovely rose bushes, and high wooden fences so you really feel like you're secluded.
4) Go there. Next time you're in the neighborhood. Yes? Awesome.

Here's a little sneak peak to tempt you all to come visit me;-)



Yep. It's rainy and cold already.



Hazelnut Latte this time. Next time will be the ''dirty chai''

This is actually from a couple days ago, but it deserves to be up here. Afternoon tea. Yum.
 
And this is just hilarious and makes me laugh. What toys do when we're not looking.

Go find a nice local spot this week. Doesn't need to be coffee but maybe a bakery or ethnic grocery store in the middle of no where...it's all about local baby. As always, have a proper brew.

Love,
Kerynny



No comments:

Post a Comment