Monday, August 26, 2013

On a Bank Holiday

So today was a Bank Holiday here in London. This means of course like any holiday tons and tons of people out and about. Oh and especially since it was SUNNY and WARM today. Since this was my last ''free'' day so to speak since classes commence this week, I walked and walked...oh and walked. I went for a run yesterday around this tiny little park down the street from my flat (haha I said flat). So when you haven't ran in over a month, don't try and run 5 miles and then proceed to do lunges and jump squats. This = IT band issues up to ying yang. But I digress...

Did I mention that Primrose Hill is probably my favorite little borough so far? Oh and did I also mention that I found a Bikram Yoga studio there also? Yep. Granted I can only afford to do the 20pounds for 20 days deal since a monthly membership would cost me my life...but hey; I'll take 20 days of Bikram.

It's so fancy here I feel a little out of place to be honest. I have my ''going out'' clothes but how the heck do these women around here walk around these cobblestone streets in heels??? Maybe there's a heels and cobblestone class I can take.

So the Queen got something right with these parks. They're HUGE and unbelievably gorgeous. Ponds with boats you can rent to paddle around if that's your thing. Or read a book on a grassy knoll with a bottle of wine (which everyone here does btw....seriously.....everyone drinks; like all the time). It so tranquil it's almost cliché. You literally have to remember to stop and smell the roses. Now I know where that saying comes from. (Seriously...smell the roses cuz they smell frickin bomb. I mean they belong to the Queen for cryin out loud. Makes me think of Alice and Wonderland and painting the Queen's roses red. Ooops I digress again)...

Anyways I figured that since I walked about 6 or 7 miles that I deserved a blended hazelnut coffee thing and an Earl Grey cupcake from the Primrose Bakery (duh). I also found a flyer for The Cake & Bake Show 2013. Ummmmmm I freaked out a little bit. Here's some scenes from my Bank Holiday Promenade...(oh and I'm posting my first paparazzi shot here too because I think it's the funniest thing ever)


Oh yeah, that's me right behind ''reading'' a book.
 



The line for the Sherlock Holmes Museum was cray cray.


Too bad Sylvia Plath's books are a bummer...


Get outta here London with your quaintness...that I just love.

I had to take a rose cupcake to go for later...I mean obviously.



Early Grey cupcake

GOING.
Treat yourself to something sweet today and have a proper brew.
Love,
Keryn


3 comments:

  1. Keryn
    I am loving your blog and all of your adventures in London. The Canadian in me is tickled that you are intrigued with things British and that you are picking up on the lingo. Nice to find yoga and the familiar too!

    Can you possibly change the font on the blog for us old folks??? sorta hard for our eyes!

    Stay well and am hoping when the skies are grey and the rain is relentless you will be so immersed in your Brit and school life that you won't even notice!!!!

    Love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there!

    You know what's funny...I was JUST thinking, ya know...I should probably make my font bigger because I am even having a hard time reading it. Done deal :-)

    Thank you very much, I am glad it amuses a few folk. I will keep everyone posted via blog as much as I can. :-) Have a wonderful week!

    Love and hugs,
    Keryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerynny I love the blog and seeing all the photo's. Super proud of you honey.

    ReplyDelete