Friday, September 27, 2013

I left my heart in...

Yes, yes, yes. This is going to be my "what I miss post". Yes, it's a Friday night and whilst Londoneers are out in Soho and paintin the town red burnin the midnight oil with pints of bottingtons; I am making biscuits to enjoy with my jam I picked up today at Morgan & Melrose (raspberry, strawberry, red current, apple and balsamic vinegar jam thank you very much). As I am still figuring out this whole blogging thing (which it really bugs me that I don't know code and I really want to design my own blog and I can't afford right now to pay someone-wow that's a run on sentence), you'll have to forgive my lack of structure. You understand yes? I knew you would. 

So what do I miss most about the States so far? 

1) BJ's mediterranean pizza
2) Our HUGE grocery stores-Trader Joes SHOUT OUTTTTT
3) Our huge portions that make you really feel like you're gettin your $ worth. -it's kind of annoying when everything is almost double here and you get half as much. Obesity epidemic aside...
4) My car (which I never thought I'd say since that beast cost more to fix than what it was worth)
5) In N Out (Yep, even though I don't eat beef...best damn grilled cheese animal style in life) 
6) Not as many people smoking. Ughhhh everyone smokes here. Get the hint England....it's NOT cool and you're making me stink. 
7) The fact that we get movies in theaters 
wayyy faster
8) Nothing is blocked and I can watch ANYTHING on Youtube. When I wanna watch inside the actors studio family guy...or HULU so I can watch Family Guy I don't wanna have to risk dodging gnarly viruses like a poor defensless seal on sharkweek.
9) Clean streets. Let's put those English cons to work and clean up this damn "rubbish" yes? Just call me Counsel Woman Clean Streets. 
10) Huge farmers markets...that are actually affordable
11) SOUR CANDY BELTS at the movie theater and york peppermint patties. 

*there will be more later I'm sure

What I enjoy about it here so far:

1) Everything is so doggon adorable
2) The way people talk makes me laugh/smile/confused at the same time
3) Pubs. (Like actual pubs) 
4) The fact that I can walk 20 minutes and be in the Queens garden, primrose hill, see a world famous show at Roundhouse, get any kind of food anyone could ever want at Camden Lock Market and go learn how to dance traditional english folk dancing all the same day. That's only the tip of the activity berg folks...
5) Everyone drinks all the time and it's not weird. It's classy and accepted and totally normal. Therefore people don't get as cray cray
6) The BEST falafel in life
7) You don't need a car to get anywhere (ironic after my previous statement)
8) The Markets galore! I can't get enough of these delicious, vintage eye candy extravaganzas that rob me of my money. 
9) The fact that men call me "love" and it's just normal
10) British boys are kind of adorable to look at with all their well put together outfits and hair and shined shoes. Oh and the fact that they call me "love". Did I say that already? 
11) (apparently I'm going to 11) Everyone takes tea breaks which is just awesome. We did that in Africa too and that's always a good thing. 

I'm gonna eat my buscuits and jam and watch Lawless now (heart Jessica Chastain)....hearts and stars folks. 

What do you love most about your country? 

Have a proper brew today. Xoxo

Rynny

Here's a few pics from today...

Yes I sat alone and enjoyed a hazelnut "frapp" if you will. Sorry, I'm not sorry. 
Melrose & Morgan. Must go-to


This is a candy table at a sweet shop. My kinda people. 

2 comments:

  1. Ten things I like about Canada:
    1) there are still places where you can drive, hike, bicycle for an entire day without going through a town.
    2) it is close to the USA...but not the USA
    3) we have tea ...almost as often as the Brits
    4) education is free and accessible up to Grade12
    5) we have gun control
    6) people laugh about the harsh winters and just get outdoors and ski in it, skate in it, snow mobile in it, play golf in it...this is true...with orange coloured balls
    7) our conservatives are liberal
    8)our vast geography spans six time zones
    9) high taxes make us tolerant and accepting people
    10) who else is known for rodents( our beaver), red coated policemen who ride horses to music, hockey heroes with on front teeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! Haha thanks for relpying , that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete