Sunday, April 13, 2014

So you think you can't run a marathon?

London Marathon 13/4/14 (or 4/13/14 for us Yanks)
 
Wow. Today was the London Marathon. It was pretty cool watching the elite men and women fly past like no ones business. I was also fortunate to be out there today reppin Parkinson's UK.
I think most of you know that I'm a runner...loved this sport since I was probably12 years old running with my dad around our neighborhood. Running has always been our bonding thing. I'd wait for him to get home from work and he'd run with me first thing when he got home. We loved to talk about history (which he knows basically everything historical I swear it blows my mind), and pretty much just crack jokes the whole time. He was for sure the reason for my love of running. It's been weird since I've been here...I don't have a ton of free time so finding time to run for me is difficult sometimes. I almost always run to school or if I know I have a day off and there's an new area to explore I'll typically run there (partly because I'm cheap and don't wanna pay for London's stupidly expensive transportation). However I've been sick more times here then ever in my life I swear. Either I have an IT band problem, a realllll bad case of the flu, sinus infection or the weirdest case of vertigo (apparently caused by an inner ear infection). BUT when I do get to run for myself its glorious. I am not a person who follows track n field news or keeps updated on all the newest records and I never care about times. I don't care if someone is running a 2:20 marathon or a 5 hr first time marathoner...we all love it in our own way. I get so annoyed with running snobs who just talk about times. Just enjoy yourself and that's all that matters I think. It's a very selfish sport...but I love it.
 
Anyyyywho, if you have ever told yourself....no way I could ever run a marathon............check out these people................................
 
 
(With the exception of these dudes below.....they're the fastest guys on the planet pretty much...runnin a 2:04 marathon....yeahhh......Lead Men pack............pretty cool seein these guys front row)
 
 
 

I just though this was rad, it looks like he's fading into the background.....camera phone fail....yet turned out kind cool.


 
Reason #1 why you CAN run a marathon:
There were a number of blind runners, running along side their guides. I almost cried. The man in the orange shirt is her guide. You think you can't run a marathon?

Reason #2: .................................
 
 


 
Reason #3: Are you worried you'll have to wear clothes? No worries there.


 
Honored to volunteer with this organization. It felt great cheering on our runners on the Parkinson's Team. #formydaddy
 
 
Reason #4: Nothing is beyond your reach. Don't let anyone tell you any different.
 
Next week on Yes You Can...
 
 
 
 
Run on my friends. Love and chill vibes today...
 
 
x0 Ryn
 
Proper brew after my 8 miler: (which is the farthest I've run since I've been here...but refused to complin cuzzz it wasn't 26.2 right? ) Pret Green Smoothie-Apple Cucumber Spinach Lime Ginger. Yum.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment