Thursday, March 27, 2014

New Beauty Regimine...Oil Pulling?

So I'm not sure if anyone else goes onto Eonline as much as I do (aside from my fabulous movie/fashion soulmate Inez) but have you heard of Oil Pulling?????

A couple weeks ago I saw it on Yahoo news, which we all know is the most reliable source of breaking news. They said that this 3,000 yr old tradition was starting to make it's way into the limelight again....used by homepaths,Ayurvedic  practitioners, beauty experts and those hip celebrities. 

So of course I had to investigate this hysterical sounding ritual. Apparetly Oil Pulling has been practiced all over the Mediterranean for centuries and is said to help with:

Detoxing (the mouth holds so much bacteria and it's recommended to swish the   oil around in the morning when bacteria is at it's highest (not sure if that's true) 

Teeth whitening
Acne
Dry skin
And many other ailments

So....needless to say....i'm givin it a go. 
They said to use Coconut oil which I'm already a hudge advocate for and have stocked at all times. You swish the oil around for 10-20 minutes once a day, swish around, gargle and then spit out in trash (as it will clog sinks when solidified) 

Sooooooooo......we'll see if I notice anything different. 



Not just for the kitchen my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment