Friday, March 21, 2014

Canals and cannabis

Yep. Amsterdam is quite a city. Beautiful....I can imagine in the late spring/early summer with all the flowers canal side would be stun-ning. 

And of course....a very colorful city. The red light district is....somethin to see that's for sure. Seeing it during the day compared to seeing it on a Saturday night, well there is NO comparison. I found myself staring at the women (obviously most people do) which made me feel weird like they were in a side show. I felt sad for them. I wanted to open those windows they stand behind, smoking their cigarettes, drinking their redbull and on their phones and tell them they don't have to do this. When I looked at them, a lot would look away and bite their nails and just seemed strangely shy. I'm not sure how to explain it. Yes...nighttime they strike their poses, tap their long nails on the glass window to get the attention of the gawking (nasty) men to lure them in. Yes, it's legal there but so what. A lot of them are probably there as a result of being trafficked or sexual abuse. Not all....but probably a fair share I'd guess. 

Anyways, the "coffee shops" are hysterical. I love the bike centered culture  and the fact that there are more bicycles than cars. That makes me happy.

The city has INCREDIBLE history, architecture and some amazing street art.  I feel blessed to have seen and experienced this city....and I also feel blessed to have a strong head on my shoulders that allows me to look at all these things and have an open mind but not too open so my mind falls out. I'm thankful for my life and how much I've grown...yet I've held tightly to my roots. 

2 more terms. Boom. 

Proper amsterdam brew...coffee? ;)

Xo 
Rynny


Yeah. Not a sauna. 


Im sorry but this is hilarious. What a way to be incognito...





Don't judge. 


I salute you Anne. 

Obligatory pic. 

Yeah i know im annoyed it was so busy you can't even see the sign. 


Holland McDonalds. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment