Saturday, December 7, 2013

Enchanted evenings

Well, I must say...London can be awfully enchanting. Especially now that everything is sparkled and tinsled to a tee. Gigantic Christmas trees and markets could put even that ol humbug or two walkin around in the "tis the season" merriment. 

Decided to take my day off and (not do homework) and enjoy the city. I feel like if I didn't have my friend coming to visit I'd probably have a bit of a hard time this month. Families and couples hugging and kissing underneath cold night skies while twinkles and carols fill the background, makes for a pretty damn romantic setting (notice my slight sarcasm as I am single in this love struck city). 

I tried keeping my spirits up today...somedays its just hard. Lots of memories were taking over throughout the day and night which I couldn't seem to shake. However I tried reminding myself to stop being a baby and be thankful for them instead of shutting them out. It seemed to help.

Lets see..Covent Garden, National Gallery (as always), St. James in the fields  church and Winter Wonderland were all on the agenda. A little slice of heaven shown down today and gave my soul a flutter at St. James chapel when a group of musicians just so happened to be practicing their Christmas performance inside the chapel. I heard it from downstairs as I was exploring and was literally drawn to it. I went inside and found others were as well as we all sat in the pew. At one point the light shown in a small window and the beautiful strings and warm melody brought tears to my eyes. In the front of the room was a candle light vigil for Nelson Mandela. I lit a candle and thanked God for his ample blessings. 

National Gallery guided tour proved as always to be educational and magical. I stepped into a chocolatier shop and sipped on house made 80% drinking chocolate. Amaze. Then Winter Wonderland did not disappoint. Although it seemed half of London had the same idea. We "queued" for about half hour just to get inside ( for ya'll yanks that's their word for "line"...yeah I dunno man...took me a while to actually get what that was). I must give it to the peeps that put this bad boy together...well done. Well done. 

I'll let my pictorals do the rest...

*My proper brew today was mulled wine...and it was glorious. Another good job England. Stop smoking everywhere though. It's really drivin me cray cray. Xo

Rynny






Ok, so this is an outdoor little seating restaurant thing. Tell me it's not the cutest damn thing you've ever seen. Everyone sits on furs and gets blankets and chandeliers. Yeah...


This is the Crypt of the Chapel. It's a cafe now. It's called Crypt Cafe (I know). It's so funny cuz everyone's eating amongst English spirits (not the alcoholic type). And around the corner is a "museum" of sorts with head stones of those who were/are in the crypt. It's kind of awesome/weird/unsettling/hysterical

A man in the crypt
The Chapel and magical tunes





These photos don't even come close to doing this place justice. Also because I am lazy tonight and don't feel like editing any. Also cuz my good camera has been messing up so my phone is my go-to camera lately. 
And the oober fancy and I have to say unnecessary Harrods (it's just too dog-on expensive. Maybe it's my NGO major/background that made me sort of cringe inside). Don't get me wrong...it was pretty. Lots of shiny things. 

Xo

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Keryn….you are in such a magical place for this festive season….the traditional music will indeed bring tears to your eyes.

    ReplyDelete