Thursday, October 24, 2013

Just a wee bit: Part Duex

I'm freezing right now. Seriously what are they thinking in this airport...it's cold outside that means it should be the opposite inside. 

Well friends, Scotland treated me well. Short but oh so sweet. Spent a bitmore poundage than anticipated but I wanted to have a jolly time. I gave myself the ol' "I got A's my first term in grad school" excuse. I'm pretty stoked because The Growlers are performing in London on Wednesday so I get to see them again. Groupie? Nahhhhhh. Just a fan (who apprently is following them around the UK). The show was soooo good. I said that already but it needed repetition. 

Edinburgh was stunning. I HIGHLY recommend it. Highly. Oh, minor set back...I sprained my ankle wearing the worst flats known to man. Mostly it's becuase they have stretced and are now too big so I was contantly gripping my feet in funky positions and therefore sprained it right nice. As I type I have ice wrapped in my Scottish scarf I bought. 

See....

Proper shoes for city walking is not a joking matter. The people that I met were all sooooo friendly. I very much would like to live in Edinburgh. People are wayyyy nicer than in London. Oh and the streets are sooo clean. Every shop I went into I chatted up the staff and they were soooo helpful. Shared some good laughs and stories with the shop owner of a vinyl/book shop called "Elvis Shakespeare" and a tattoo shop where I got an ear piercing. The bartender who gave me my first Single Malt 12 yr old Scottish whiskey was ooober nice too. Scotland, you have my heart now. I shall explore your highlands next time. Oh and the Scottish husband market as well. (Best. Accent. Ever.) ;) 

Any who, wish me safe travel back. Term 2 starts for me on Tuesday. Yeahhhh buddy. 

Xoxoooo
Rynny

















The place I stayed was sooo frickin cute. 
Garlands Guest House, Edinburgh




No comments:

Post a Comment