Monday, October 6, 2014

Pumpkin here pumpkin there

This is the second year that I have went to the EXTREME and straight up made the first pie of the season...."from scratch pumpkin pie". So if any of ya'll are feelin  ambitious this fall and ate pretty solid spending about 3 hours in the kitchen....this is the recipe for YOU. 

Now by recipe, I should point out I don't exactly follow a recipe for this thing. I do remember everything I did however. I have searched and searched for homemade pumpkin pie recipes online and have yet to find one that really tickles my pie. (That sounds kinda dirty. It was unintentional. Or was it)? 

Howeeeeeever, we are going to be posting a recipe soon once we finish filming. Yes, #thesteamingpot is still happening. So until then, I have a few photos of the process and finished product. It also happened to be National Coffee Day when I did this, which couldn't have come on a better time yo. So I was pretty hyped up and bug eyed to say the least. 

Note: free coffee was EVERYWHERE. I literally finished one cup and went to another shop and was like......well........frick....it's free and it's delicious. As my heart fluttered and hands shook and threw caution to the wind and was all over that coffee. Like white on rice. Needless to say, I crashed hard later. 

But I digress. 

Enjoy the night loves and honestly, this pie was flippin delicious. Fair warning, when you make this from a REAL pumpkin there's no going back. Your tongue will be able to tell if it's that canned shat.  

X Ryn 

PB: Robert Mondavi Pino Grigio. 
Proper tunage: 90.7 KFSR full spectrum radio, Evening Eclectic





Mmmmmmshshsuwuejdbanaoqoeidnsn

Thanks to: Whole Foods, The Grind and Trader Joes for da caffeine hookup. 




No comments:

Post a Comment